Did you know that charitable giving can mean generous tax savings for you? For many, giving back is a priority. Giving creates a positive change in people,institutions and communities. Plus it makes us feel good to know we can do our part to make our world a little better place for future generations. And whether your goal is to make a big impact or a modest gift, charitable giving can play an important role in your year-end planning, too.
In fact, there are a number of ways to make charitable giving part of your overall financial plan, and choosing wisely among them can be the key to making the biggest impact while also minimizing present and future tax liability. Outright gifts of cash or stocks, naming charities among your life insurance beneficiaries, creating trusts that produce income for yourself and your favorite causes are among the many ways to give smartly. A particularly convenient and simple way to make charitable gifts is to set up a donor advised fund with the Ashland Community Foundation. Similar to a private foundation, a donor advised fund lets you donate to your favorite charities but with much less expense and is easy to do. It’s an effective strategy for year-end tax planning and a great way to establish a lasting and generous legacy.
Talk to your financial advisor today about all your charitable giving options, especially now as you begin your year-end planning. Because when done right, giving can benefit you, too. Remember: Giving Means Saving
WHAT CAN A GIFT DO FOR YOU?
• Increase Income
• Avoid capital gains tax
• Create an income tax deduction
• Reduce asset management chores
• Gift to a favorite charity
• Reduce Income Tax
• Reduce estate tax
• Diversify your portfolio
• Increase estate to your heirs
• Reduce gift tax
Good Feelings Toward Your Community!
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE!
• Designate the Ashland Community Foundation as the beneficiary of your retirement account.
• Designate the Ashland Community Foundation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
• Designate a direct gift to the Ashland Community Foundation for a specific purpose or give an undesignated gift that allows the Foundation to use it where the need is the greatest.
• Ask your professional advisor to add the Ashland Community Foundation to your estate plan